sorry bunny

sorry bunny

Sunday, June 24, 2012

on beauty

I'm not sure beauty exists. iT SEEMs to posit ugliness into existence on the opposite end!





How can anything be ugly if it was made in God's image?
How can anything 'look' ugly? Isn't our perception of our visual reality being put through the filter of one's own mind? Can't we point any where and call it CENTER? Isn't it all circular, that is, this sphere (aka this realm or plane) has a center that is moveable and when moved still retains its infinite distance exerting themselves radially from said center? EXTENDING INFINITELY NO MATTER where ONE POINTS their finger? From one side, from the edge of said sphere, one could reason the center as perfection, and then therefore call the outside , outside of perfect, and the inside the distance from perfection to non-perfection? Can't you see? What is one perspective's perfect is another perpective's not-perfect?

What is in One, an idea of beauty, is in Another, an idea of ugly.
AND THAT'S OKAY on a moral level
                                    on an ethical level
HOWEVER when we start to differentiate OURSELVES based on these precepts
                                                                                                     these perceptions
                                                                                                              proposals
are we not saying, "This idea of beauty I am okay with, and these other forms, I am not okay with."
and over time, "This idea IS beauty, that idea is UGLY."

For example: What may be 10 people with very similar facial features, through the natural growth of genetic diversity over generations, turns into a multitude of differences. Naturally, our brains will categorize some of the resulting population into groups. When an individual appears to TOO different, TOO different to share in the category of the group (such as: normal or pretty), then they are thrown into other groups where they can fit (such as not as normal, not as pretty).

When categories are fixed resources
When we group each other by our behavior into categories that are based on fixed concepts

WE OTHER OURSELVES and place the possibility of BECOMING THE OTHER and not ourselves at all
AND THIS   is what    we call DIS ASSOCIATION
because first one has to associate them self with SOMETHING, to then become disassociated from it.

And when we realize that we are all part of one organism, we can feel these pulls and pushes away FROM SOURCE, called self.
When we distance ourselves from those who are not like us... we further DIVIDE THE GAP.

But when we align ourselves with  those like us...? What is that?


That might just encourage a movement of seeing more and more things as One's self.

Well if it could.... It might be the solution to my dilemma... Of never doing what I like to do, with my friends... Because in my openness of heart, I find, myself bored TO DEATH.
in my openness of heart, I seek others like me... Plants like me... Animals like me....

in our creations. I think it might help me. to go towards the thing itself I like. And not the people. Since people don't really exist as entities. People are just holes that hold things. From my person perspective, that makes what is outside of person hood, a real thing I can hold.

I can hold

a body

I can hold

a piano

I can hold

a knife

Can I hold you?

because you are not your body
you are not your piano
you are not your knife or your wife or your life

I cannot hold your life in my hands while I watch it die from too much attention (attention like sunlight needs water rest: Night-time. To be in balance)


"People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

So we're different colours
And we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong
I never even met you
So what could I have done

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

Help me understand

Now you're punching and you're kicking
And you're shouting at me
I'm relying on your common decency
So far it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From your head to your fist

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man

Help me understand"
- Depeche Mode



No comments:

Post a Comment